Assistant Children's Ministry Director
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
May be required to work some evenings or weekends.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant Director is to support the creation of dynamic environments of learning and life change for children grades 5 and under. He/she will develop and lead teams of Christ followers to be equipped and inspired to serve the children and families of Riverwood Church Community. The purpose and goal of Riverwood Kids is to help each child to grow in loving God in their homes, hearts and world. This reflects Riverwood’s L3 living: L1 – Living intimate with God, L2 – living in deep community and L3 – living a life of influence.
Presence is required at all weekend services (Saturday and Sunday), as well as a minimum of 3 office days per week during general office hours. General office hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Tuesday to Friday, alternative working hours (evenings) may be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position.
- Recruit passionate volunteer teams to minister to children
- Lead volunteers to be skilled, equipped and inspired in their ministries
- Assist with equipping families, helping parents expand their spiritual influence within their homes
- Manage volunteer teams
- Maintain facility and resources needed for effective ministry, cooperatively sharing space for maximum impact.
- Coordinate communication with volunteers and parents
- Oversee and adhere to Riverwood’s Child and Youth Protection policy
- Support children’s ministry endeavors beyond Riverwood Kids throughout the church community
- Actively participate in the church’s organized disciple-making strategies (including attending a service regularly)
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Criminal record check, and child abuse registry check
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field of work
- Developed administrative and organizational skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and organize large projects with minimal supervision
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office and google drive
- Recruitment philosophy and strategy
- A growing yet mature follower of Jesus, called to children’s ministry
- A natural ability to relate well to both children and their parents.
- Capable of seeing the big picture but competent in dealing with details
- Passionate about enabling others for success
- Creative and energetic
- Able to effectively lead teams of volunteers and delegate tasks
- Able to call people to ministry with clear vision and effective teamwork
Staff members at Riverwood are expected to whole-heartedly sign on and affirm God’s distinct thumbprint on Riverwood as defined in our statement of faith, mission, vision, values and goals. All staff are required to complete the Riverwood Covenant Community course and be in full alignment with the requirements of Covenant Community. It is also expected that every staff member makes every attempt to be involved in the full life of the church, attending church services, and church functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual. All hired staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.