Job Title: Graphic Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours Per Week: 40
Reports To: Creative Director
Design and oversee Riverwood’s diverse graphic design needs, collaborate with Riverwood’s Creative Team to develop and implement communication strategies for church initiatives and goals, and innovate possible new areas of communication.
General office hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Monday to Friday, alternative working hours (evenings + weekends) may be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position.
- Lead branding and visual presentations at Riverwood for both print and web.
- Participate in weekly production meetings and help creatively plan communications strategies with Creative Team.
- Coordinate with Creative Director, Videographers and volunteer creative teams on various projects.
- Collaborate with ministry leaders, creative team and pastors to conceptualize campaigns and event promotions.
- Create sermon series support for website and screens at weekend services
- Create brochures, handouts, postcards, signage and other print material as needed.
- Work with Creative Director to manage Riverwood’s online presence through website, social media and more.
- Communicate with print shops and suppliers to collect quotes and manage out-sourcing on specific projects.
- Regularly report project progress and next steps with Creative Director.
- High level of skill with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro an asset.
- Creative with a strong commitment to detail.
- Aesthetically intuitive with a comprehensive knowledge of current trends.
- Good understanding of web design with basic HTML/CSS knowledge.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Computer literate: technical knowledge of related programs and software and good understanding of macOS.
- Experience with wordpress.org.
- Collaborative spirit and team player while also working well independently.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in photography an asset.
Staff members at Riverwood are expected to whole-heartedly sign on and affirm God’s distinct thumbprint on Riverwood as defined in our statement of faith, mission, vision, values and goals. All staff are required to complete the Riverwood Covenant Community course and be in full alignment with the requirements of Covenant Community. It is also expected that every staff member makes every attempt to be involved in the full life of the church, attending church services, and church functions.
Resume, cover letter and portfolio of work (minimum 5 examples) may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual. All hired staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.