Casual, Term (16 hours per week)
The Receptionist will give primary leadership to Riverwood’s front desk and will be under the supervision of the Executive Pastor. It will be the task of the Receptionist to create an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming, and an efficient environment for Riverwood’s reception desk.
General office hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Tuesday to Friday, alternative working hours (evening + weekends) may be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position.
- Answer incoming calls efficiently and courteously
- Manage phone and email general mailbox
- Answer the door bell efficiently and courteously
- Greet people at the reception desk
- Manage the phone system and recorded greetings
- Oversee the day to day tasks pertaining to the church database
- Manage the use and maintenance of photocopiers
- Report monthly metrics for Riverwood’s records (weekly attendance)
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies when needed
- Ensure office kitchen supplies are stocked and kitchen area is clean
- Distribute incoming mail
- Other secretarial duties as assigned
- 1 – 2 years of reception/administrative experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of internal phone systems
- Typing speed: 50 – 60 wpm
- Ability to multitask and enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Strong time management and punctuality
- Strong organizational skills
- Individual should be strongly motivated and show initiative
Staff members at Riverwood are expected to whole-heartedly sign on and affirm God’s distinct thumbprint on Riverwood as defined in our statement of faith, mission, vision, values and goals. All staff are required to complete the Riverwood Covenant Community course and be in full alignment with the requirements of Covenant Community. It is also expected that every staff member makes every attempt to be involved in the full life of the church, attending church services, and church functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual. All hired staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.