Summer Program Coordinator
Job Title: Summer Program Coordinator
Employment Type: Full time (12 week term)
Hours Per Week: 40
Reports To: Community Program Director
The Summer Program Director will plan and facilitate summer programming for families in the Elmwood neighbourhood. They will facilitate all programs at the Food Bank. The Summer Program Director will also collaborate with other team members in facilitating family events for the Elmwood Community.
General office hours are 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Tuesday to Friday, alternative working hours (evening + weekends) may be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position.
- Oversee and facilitate weekly community drop-in programming.
- Provide practical support, resources and guidance as needed for clients.
- Organize, plan & run family events for the Elmwood community (beach days, field trips, movie nights, etc).
- Provide practical/crisis support as needed.
- Assist with weekly programming including the Food Bank, community meals, & drop-ins.
- Applicants must have been in full-time post-secondary education and be returning to studies this coming year.
- Successful applicant will be required to submit a child abuse registry check & a criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- It would be an asset to have related experience (volunteer or professional) working with the vulnerable sector and/or social services programming.
- It would be an asset to be studying in a related field of work.
Staff members at Riverwood are expected to whole-heartedly sign on and affirm God’s distinct thumbprint on Riverwood as defined in our statement of faith, mission, vision, values and goals. All staff are required to complete the Riverwood Covenant Community course and be in full alignment with the requirements of Covenant Community. It is also expected that every staff member makes every attempt to be involved in the full life of the church, attending church services, and church functions.